For more information please got to my website: Click Here
I believe for me to summarise the successfulness or failure of this project I need to look at the start again.
I had decided to do the following to start with:
There will be three subject areas all based on watercolour techniques and how watercolour provides a sense of freedom which I want in my textiles. I will then use these techniques to create digital designs and develop screen printing and hand painted fabrics. I will also be looking into how these can be embellished using quilting, embroidery and some beading.
I will then be looking at different scales for different contexts which will be for crafts, interiors, fashion and will be adaptable for most products.
I will be creating designs that are be successful for industry I will measure this by what I would purchase; if I would purchase my designs I will conclude them a success.
1 x sketch books for studio practise (Per Subject Area)
1 x sketch book for research
1 x folder of large work (Per Subject Area)
2 x technical folders
Plus; Blog, Website, Samples, Designs, Final designs, finished products
I also had the following scheduled in place:
Subject One – Florals: Week one 25/01/2016 – Learning Agreement Draft, Drawing, Research, Reflect, Research.
Week two 01/02/2016 – Learning Agreement finished, Sampling, Reflect, Design
Week three 08/02/2016 – Opening of the Show, Reflect, Final Designs (Try and add ‘Preview’ Items to the show.)
Subject Two – Trees: Week one 15/02/2016 – Drawing/Testing, Research, Reflect, Research.
Week two 22/02/2016 – Sampling, Reflect, Design.
Week three 29/02/2016 – Reflect, Final Designs.
Subject Three – Geometrics: Week one 7/03/2016 – Drawing/Testing, Research, Reflect, Research.
Week two 14/03/2016 – Sampling, Reflect, Design.
(Week away 21/03/2016 – Blogging, create website, reflection, relax, hand embroidery and beading)
Week Three- 28/03/2016 – Reflect, Final Designs
Collaboration – 4/04/2016 – 23/04/2016 – Create designs that collaborate all three projects. Make final designs from each project and make them into products.
Final week for finishing up and finalising website.
I have stuck to these ideas and the timetable I set up; which has been successful. Plus I have been able to produce more than I thought I would in regards to samples and context products.
I have learnt that I can stick to a time management plan over the last 3 years which has finally benefited me and my work. Overall my work has been successful and has allowed me to discover new areas that I was not even aware I thoroughly enjoy such as the marketing area of things.
My website has been successful: Click Here For Website
My Facebook page has been successful: Click Here For Facebook Page
My Video was very successful with many shares and likes on Facebook and within two days on Facebook and YouTube it got over 600 views. Click Here For Video
Overall, I have learnt a lot during this project and also been able to prove what I have already learnt.
Please check out my collection video. I am so excited and happy about the outcome of this video and hope you all enjoy it.
I have been a little busy the weekend getting some more finished products ready so my work is seen in context properly. I have tried to show how diverse my work can be by attempting a little bit of everything.
Alongside these successful products I attempted at some change purses, these have not been as neat as I would like. So I shall leave them out of my collection and work on perfecting them.
I had a wonderful day doing my photoshoot; the model was brilliant and did everything I had envisioned and more!
Here are a small glimpse of my raw photos however for my full collection and edited photos head to my website.
Today I have made cushions and covered coathangers in my fabrics.
I am really happy with how they have come out and would have liked to make more but there is no need for duplicates at this time. I will however pop them on my website and see how they do in regards to interest.