Reflective Journal Summary

I believe for me to summarise the successfulness or failure of this project I need to look at the start again.

I had decided to do the following to start with:

There will be three subject areas all based on watercolour techniques and how watercolour provides a sense of freedom which I want in my textiles. I will then use these techniques to create digital designs and develop screen printing and hand painted fabrics. I will also be looking into how these can be embellished using quilting, embroidery and some beading.

I will then be looking at different scales for different contexts which will be for crafts, interiors, fashion and will be adaptable for most products.

I will be creating designs that are be successful for industry I will measure this by what I would purchase; if I would purchase my designs I will conclude them a success.

1 x sketch books for studio practise (Per Subject Area)

1 x sketch book for research

1 x folder of large work (Per Subject Area)

2 x technical folders

Plus; Blog, Website, Samples, Designs, Final designs, finished products

I also had the following scheduled in place:

Subject One – Florals: Week one 25/01/2016 – Learning Agreement Draft, Drawing, Research, Reflect, Research.

Week two 01/02/2016 – Learning Agreement finished, Sampling, Reflect, Design

Week three 08/02/2016 – Opening of the Show, Reflect, Final Designs (Try and add ‘Preview’ Items to the show.)

Subject Two – Trees: Week one 15/02/2016 – Drawing/Testing, Research, Reflect, Research.

Week two 22/02/2016 – Sampling, Reflect, Design.

Week three 29/02/2016 – Reflect, Final Designs.

Subject Three – Geometrics: Week one 7/03/2016 – Drawing/Testing, Research, Reflect, Research.

Week two 14/03/2016 – Sampling, Reflect, Design.

(Week away 21/03/2016 – Blogging, create website, reflection, relax, hand embroidery and beading)

Week Three- 28/03/2016 – Reflect, Final Designs

Collaboration – 4/04/2016 – 23/04/2016 – Create designs that collaborate all three projects. Make final designs from each project and make them into products.

Final week for finishing up and finalising website.

I have stuck to these ideas and the timetable I set up; which has been successful. Plus I have been able to produce more than I thought I would in regards to samples and context products.

I have learnt that I can stick to a time management plan over the last 3 years which has finally benefited me and my work. Overall my work has  been successful and has allowed me to discover new areas that I was not even aware I thoroughly enjoy such as the marketing area of things.

My website has been successful: Click Here For Website

My Facebook page has been successful: Click Here For Facebook Page

My Video was very successful with many shares and likes on Facebook and within two days on Facebook and YouTube it got over 600 views. Click Here For Video

Overall, I have learnt a lot during this project and also been able to prove what I have already learnt.

SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC

Black&White2Black&White3

SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC

DSC07608 (2)

SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s